Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Superman

Sometimes I think myself to be Superman. I think I have the ability to change a heart spiritually or bring passion into another's soul. Quite the opposite is true. When thinking I am Superman, I am actually more Jack Black. Maybe a little confident, but mostly pretty dorky and clutsy.


I find there is only one person who can move a soul to faith, or bring desire to one's heart for God...that would be God himself. The work of the Spirit is a mysterious thing. Many, many times I have tried to lead my daughter into spiritual conversations. Many, many times she has changed the subject on me mid-sentence. I saw the work of the Spirit before my very eyes last night when my daughter initiated the conversation blogged previously below.



Acts 2:17 " 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.' "


The same Spirit that brought upon the life changing events in Acts is the same Spirit at work today. God has promised his Holy Spirit to those who believe and has sealed them for eternity (Ephesians 4:30). Isn't it comforting to know God is at work in our hearts? Isn't it comforting to know he does the mighty work in saving souls? Our responsibility as believers is to deliver the message, then allow God to do the spiritual changing work.


Oh...and the sad thing is, I wouldn't even look this good in that outfit!


Peter

No comments: