Friday, October 06, 2006

My Janny


This year has truly been the best year of our marriage in my opinion. I have never felt so close to my wife, and I have seen God teach me so much through her and our relationship. The older I get, the more simple my walk with the Lord and my wife becomes. Life to me isn't about goals, deadlines, achievements...it's about faith, hope and love. I derive no fulfillment in reaching goals, achieving a certain salary, making supervisor, buying a dream home, or attaining social status. I am interested in loving God, loving my family and loving my friends to the point that those around me can't help but be drawn to Jesus. Nothing else in life matters. Our posessions will surely perish one day - they will not follow us to eternity. Our jobs are never secure. Our homes are made with stick and mortar. Our wealth is a gift provision from God and he can withhold it anytime he chooses. Nothing we own is really ours, and nothing we own is eternal.

I look at this picture and I see a gift given to me. I see a blessing I cannot assign words. I hope today you will find time to think upon the eternal blessings God has given you. He has richly blessed us...Ephesians 1:3-10.

Pic: Loveland Pass 12,000 ft.

No comments: