Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Snow Day

View from my office...pure torture. It's not like I haven't been jonesin' for some pow, and I gotta look at this all day while at my desk, knowing I can't strap up and burn a few runs down the pass. Of course, it could be much worse - I could be staring at Lincoln County courthouse knowing the mountains are 4 hours away like last winter. Living here has its perks.

God's creation is a beautiful thing. I was listening to Matt Redman's "Lead us Up the Mountain" this morning during my commute to work. It's a spontaneous worship piece from his album Face Down. It says, "Lead us up the mountain, lead us to the place Your glory dwells, God." That's it...sung over and over and over again until you can't help but worship. The Rockies outside my door everyday remind me that God's glory is so much bigger. God's glory cannot be contained when on display in his creation. We cannot assign God a dwelling place so small as these mountains, yet he dwells in our hearts. He chose to inhabit those of us who believe in Him. He chose to live among us, as one of us. You would think this decision would remove his glory. Just the opposite.

I hope today you find a moment to find God's glory in your life. It may be in a quiet moment reading his Word. Or a celebratory time of singing at your local church service. Maybe an adventurous trek across some rugged terrain. Whatever it may be, sing in your heart, "Lead us up the mountain, lead us to the place your glory dwells, God."

No comments: