Monday, October 30, 2006

Dream Job

When you sit in a cube for 8 hours a day, Monday-Friday, you dream of doing some physical labor. It's only natural. I not only dream of doing something physical, I dream of being outdoors in the snow, typically with a snowboard strapped to my feet. So, it only figures I would love working at a ski resort. I told Kris Cheek just last Wednesday that next season I would probably try to work at a resort for the winter on weekends, mostly so I could get a free pass. Well on Friday I learned Eldora Ski Resort was doing a job fair, so I checked things out.



And since I can't earn a living doing my dream job, I decided to do it part-time. On Saturday, I was offered the job. I will be scanning tickets/passes at the lifts. I will have a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world and work primarily with local Boulder County residents. And I imagine it'll be the sweetest $8/hr job I'll ever have!
Go to www.eldora.com for details on the mountain.

No comments: