Monday, February 13, 2006

Thoughts from the Word

Ephesians 1:7-8...In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. I am particularly moved every time I read Ephesians chapter 1. I can't number the times I have read this passage and walked away with something new to consider. Today, I was focused on the word "lavished." The word means to bestow with abundance or to shower. Think about taking a shower and how you are completely washed with water (if you have a good shower head, that is). God literally showers us with his grace, and not just his grace alone. He showers us with the riches of his grace. I take this as the very best aspects of his grace. Today, don't just walk through your routine without considering that God is showering you with the very best of his grace and wants to use you for his glory.

No comments: