Wednesday, February 08, 2006

His Place

I play guitar tonight for the last time with my friends on the worship team at His Place. I have been with the group for just shy of 7 years. I think back on all the memories of One Way Street, the first time I practiced and Dan wondered who this punk kid was joining the group, all the concerts and worship events, summer festivals at Valentine, True Love Waits rallies, Dave's vocal drum machine, even the arguments! People I have had the privilege of playing with include Job Vigil, Dan Nickel, Dave Wert, Greg & Lynita Hood, Kelley Davis, Brett Terry, Lissa Zuniga, Laura Terry, Danni Franzen, Lina Sutton. When music is set for the purpose of worship to God, you see why God created music in us. Wes King said once that the greatest musical instrument is the human voice. Think about it...God has given us the ability to worship him through our voice, not only in song, but in testimony. I pray today my life will be a song of praise, and that I will worship him in every moment.

No comments: