Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"As Iron Sharpens Iron"

I posted this picture recently and decided to post it again. Last night I was reminded how sweet it is to fellowship with my brothers. The men met last night at Josh's apartment and spent time in prayer and study of God's Word until 11:00pm. Last week we met at my apartment and spent nearly two hours straight praying together. On neither occasion did anyone complain at the time spent in prayer or the late hour of study.

Last night, we all spent some time in confession together and sharing our concerns and God was in our midst! I cried tears of joy last night as I participated in the prayer time, meditating on God's Word and being reminded that I could not ask for a better group of men to serve with in ministry. And wouldn't you know it? God revealed once again he is in the middle of the details of our lives when Kris was led to read Job 38 during our prayer time. I just happened to read those very verses a few hours before (see blog below). I asked Kris if he had read the same devotional and he said no, he just felt led to read those verses. The Spirit does, indeed, lead us when we don't know how to pray (Romans 8:26).

If you do not have a smaller group of people you meet with regularly for fellowship and accountability, find one now. My life has been enriched greatly this year through this group of men, and I am thankful for what God has been doing in my life through them. Praise God!

No comments: