Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Word for Today

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Fitting prayer, you know. Lots of supplicatory requests, but really good ones. Show me, teach me, guide me...when these requests are made with proper motivation, God gladly will provide an answer. His ways are not ours, so we must train our thoughts to ask God to show us his ways. His path is definitely not always ours, so we must train our thoughts to ask God to show us his paths. And why should we ask God for these things? Simply because he is our God, our Savior. How great is our God that he offers forgiveness of sin and then allows us to fellowship with him. I think these requests are the beginning of sweet fellowship with him. A willingness to surrender and ask to be in the center of his will. Really a first step to worship.

I hope you find yourself spending time to ask God of these things. The day is transformed when we ask God to show us his ways, teach us his paths. The course of our day may be altered for eternity through these requests. Take time today to pray this scripture to God...and watch God move your heart toward him.

No comments: