Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weekend Update

The weekend we have been awaiting has arrived, as almost the entire launch team is now in CO. Only one family left to go and we will all be in Boulder County. This weekend Jan, the kids and I all traveled back to NE for Kris's (Jan's brother) wedding. He tied the knot with Jenni Halstead, a great gal with a big heart for God, and we are thrilled to see Kris get married. The turnout was big, the party was fun and all made it safely. It was great to see family, friends and old acquaintances. We will do it all again in one month, as Nikki (Jan's little sister) is getting married, as well.

Summer is here to stay with warm temps around 90 and lots of sunshine. Swim lessons begin next week for Jonatha and Aidan. I don't golf anymore, so I better find a summer hobby. Jan is keeping quite busy with the kids and work is keeping me occupied most of the week.

God is awesome, isn't he? I was reading in Colossians this weekend and reminded once again on how to be praying. This really seems to be a constant lesson for me as of late. I am most challenged by God's calling to me to step it up in prayer all the more, as I seek to know him more deeply. What blessings come when we stay focused on growing in our knowledge of Christ!

No comments: