Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Humbled

Ephesians 3:17-19

17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Just how high can Jesus love extend to the heavens? How wide can it span the earth? How long will his love endure? How deep can his love impact our hearts? I suppose these questions can be answered to some degree, but to fully understand it is quite another challenge. I'm having a week where I sense my flesh is trying to win the battle...anger, frustration, even a little depressive thoughts. But God's love, through Jesus, overwhelmes me...It controls me...it consumes me. I had a moment on Monday where I wanted to simply explode. My sinfulness about had me. But God, in his awesome grace, touched me. He reminded me that I am, indeed, a man impacted by the flesh; however, he graces me with humility, patience, peace, understanding. He graces me with his presence. Is God not perfect? Of course he is! Is he not loving? Indeed, he is very loving. Does not his love endure forever? It most certainly does...even in the moments where I have little love to offer him. And even when I have little to offer? He fills me with the measure of all his fullness. I am unworthy and God is good!

No comments: