Sunday, July 22, 2007

Loveland Pass

I am a bachelor for the weekend, so after doing some painting at the house, I decided to get out and head for the Pass today for a solo hike. I left the Front Range in sunny & hot conditions and arrived at Loveland Pass in 43 degree temperature with hail (glad I packed warm clothes). After the storm cleared, I hit the trail and hiked the ridge, which rewards greatly with stunning views of A-Basin, Keystone and Breckenridge all in one panorama.

I was planning to hike the ridge all the way around which would be about a 6-7 hour hike. However, another storm was looming and the wind was picking up rapidly. I didn't want to be left alone in bear country at 13,000 ft. because of a storm. Still a great time and about 2 hours of hiking. Oh, and I almost forgot...on the way down the pass I had to dodge a ton of rock slide debris, a result of all the rain. Managed to grab one I could actually pick up for my patio. Kids will love it.

No comments: