Sunday, July 08, 2007

Baptism

Last October Jonatha gave her life to Jesus Christ, trusting in his finished work at the cross for her salvation. Now that the colder months are gone, Emmaus Road had our first ever baptism. Jonatha, along with two of her friends, Brooklyn and Sidney, were baptized today.
I had the privilege to baptize my daughter today. What an honor! Galatians 2:20 says, "I am crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives within me. And the life I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." What a fitting verse...our baptism symbolizes this very thing, our sins buried with Jesus and our life resurrected in his likeness. Very cool.

For video, check out Jonatha's blog. We were able to do this in front of hundreds of witnesses at Boulder Creek. Who knows how many people were impacted by the event. That's the beauty of baptism.

No comments: