Sunday, August 06, 2006

Eldorado Canyon Hike


Kids joined me for 3 hours of hiking up a 1,200 ft. climb at Eldorado Springs Canyon. I was impressed at their resilience to endure to the top. Of course, a couple of brownies half way helped! The hike is rated 'difficult' by the state of Colorado, so I figure if they're doing this with me at ages 3 & 5, watch out for when they're 23 & 25. Moments like this for a daddy are so special. I am blessed to have kids that enjoy exercising and nature and do not feel they have to be in front of the t.v. for hours each day. They are troopers. And, they were rewarded with a 60 degree S. Boulder Creek cool-down afterwards.

This canyon has won my heart now after a four trips. I signed up to volunteer today as a trail patrolman and developer. I look forward to the new adventures of this kind of work and the people I will have the privilege to meet.

No comments: