Thursday, September 11, 2008

Good Things In Life

Today I had lunch with my wife, who stopped in at my office to pick me up and took me to a local favorite spot. It reminds me of the things in life that are simple and make me very happy. Here's a few:

Of course, skiing is right up there at the top. I live in Colorado. Enough said...

Organic fruit. If you're idea of good fruit is what you eat at the grocery store, then you are missing out. That stuff may "look" good, but it seriously lacks flavor. For example, strawberries from Safeway look amazing and have zero taste. Organic strawberries look small and blemished and melt in your mouth. It's true, try it sometime...

A cold pint of locally made brew. I prefer New Belgium from Ft. Collins, CO. The best! I enjoy, even more, the conversation with my boys at Theology on Tap when having one...

And, when I feel very lazy or just need mental stimulation, I crack a good book. I look for life application writings that challenge me in my faith and for authors who write out of the box. A good book can change a life. I've been blessed to read several of them.

So, these are just a few things I truly enjoy. How about you?