Thursday, August 07, 2008

Boy Gets Baptized

On July 12th, I had the privilege of baptizing my son Aidan. He came to faith in Christ a few months ago and expressed sincere interest in getting dunked. The weather was picture perfect, the water quite cold and tons of witnesses at Boulder Creek watching. Aidan did a great job, too.


Bringing him out of the water and knowing the incredible symbolism of the event made me thrilled inside. God is so good!

I also got to baptize my dear friend Greg. He and I met a year ago and instantly knew we were long lost brothers. Greg is a very special friend to me and having the honor to baptize him will remain with me forever.

Overall, it was a great event with young and old getting wet, people sharing about their faith in Jesus and opportunities to share with locals afterwards over a meal.