Sunday, May 06, 2007

Rock Climb

Jonatha and Aidan performed their first official rock climb at the climbing wall at Derda Rec center. Our rec center has a 3500 sq ft. wall which is pretty awesome. The kids tackled the beginner wall, 35 ft. of vertical. Here's one side of the wall...


I was signing some paperwork for release when I hear people congratulating Jonatha. I look up and see her 35 ft. up about to ring the bell, just 2 minutes after starting her climb.
And I was soooooo proud of Aidan. He takes after me and is the cautious one, and fearful of heights to boot. He got strapped in, and hit that wall like a man. After two grips, he slipped, swung around the corner and hit his head on the wall. I thought that would be the end of it, but he got down, looked at the wall and hit it again, climbing 8ft. up the wall...no tears.
Both kids loved it. Jonatha went three times, Aidan two times. I have a feeling we'll be back for more very soon.

No comments: