Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Body

Today the Kautz's and Tighe's attended Flatirons Church. We had been there a couple of weeks ago and I was considering going to one of two new churches in Rock Creek (our neighborhood) this morning. I felt God wanted us to go back to Flatirons again, so we did. A guest speaker was present today and couldn't have been a better fit for what I personally needed to hear right now. He shared his experience of getting married right out of college and dealing with his wife having Hodgkins disease just 6 months after their wedding. She survived the disease but suffered a massive heart attack a few years later and went to be with the Lord.

He shared how amazing God's love is and how God carried him and his children through that tough period of their lives. He also played a mean guitar and sang a few songs for us on his Olson (one of my favorites). It was a mixture of tears, joy, and humility for me this morning. I sensed God in my presence deeply today and was spiritually and emotionally moved.

Isn't God awesome? He is so personal and leads us in his path. If only we trust him and follow, we see him face to face. Maybe not literally, but spiritually we meet him. I read a book many years ago entitled Seeing God Face to Face. At the time, I related to some degree, but really didn't get it. This morning, I saw God face to face in a brother who shared his life with us with genuine, open transparency. How powerful that is! I am reminded to share my life with that same transparency today so someone else can see God at work. Be encouraged...be strong and bold in the Lord today. Be willing to share your life with someone and let God use you to change a heart forever.

No comments: